Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I am going to cook for my son


Well, loyal readers, you may know me as a smart-alecky, wise-crackin biatch, but I'm really a softie down deep. At least when it comes to my kids. The ones who don't annoy me, anyway.

So, I am going to Parris Island, SC for my son's graduation from boot camp. When we asked him what he missed most from home, his reply was, "Mom's cooking".

Which means I must spend my vacation cooking. A lot. Ben has lost 40 pounds at boot camp while eating 4500 calories a day. You read that right. 4500 calories. A day. And lost 40 pounds. In three months.

Here are some things I am going to cook for him:

Brownies
Chocolate Chip cookies
Peach Blackberry Pie
Shrimp Sates with Spiced Pistachio chutney
Deviled eggs
Breakfast sandwiches (fried egg on a toasted bun with cheese and ham)
Anything else he asks for.

I love you, Ben

1 comment:

Laura K said...

ahhhh....I'm verklempt