- Green bean casserole with mushroom soup and canned onion rings is wrong.
- Baking bacon in the oven makes wonderful bacon and it is easy and less messy than frying. Trying coating it with maple syrup and black pepper, too. Yum.
- Making up ALL of your own recipes doesn't always result in fabulous food.
- Check your cookie making supplies before starting to bake cookies. It sucks to find out at the end that you don't have powdered sugar to make a glaze for your fabulous chocolate surprise cookies.
- Cooking dinner should always be done with a glass of wine at hand.
- People who have long lists of foods they don't like annoy me.
- There is "white trash food" out there that is good. I just haven't found any of it yet. Except maybe jello.
- If your only problem with Tastefully Simple food is that it is too expensive you really need to read my blog more.
- Should I make turkey for Christmas? We just had it for Thanksgiving. But it was REALLY good.
- I think I'm going to make the feast of the seven fishes again for Christmas eve dinner, but leave out Mario Batalli's disgusting salt cod balls. Okay, don't say it, don't even think it.
Sunday, December 13, 2009
Random Thoughts on Cooking
Usually, I try to keep a theme to my posts. Today, I have just had random thoughts about cooking going through my head.