Monday, June 15, 2009

Garlic-Lemon Chicken

I told you I was trying to get back to it. Here I am, a mere two days later, posting yet another fabulous recipe. Of course, it is all because of my friend Deb, who is giving a party in my honor. How could I not help her? I suggested this marinade for chicken. It is wonderful and I have made it for parties for years.

For 3 1/2 lbs of chicken you will need:

1/2 c lemon juice
4 tsp grated lemon peel
2 1/2 tsp pepper
2 tsp dijon mustard
3 cloves of crushed garlic
1 C olive oil

And it is really not more complicated than whirring it all together in the food processor, doing the oil last in a slow, steady stream.
Marinate the chicken for a day or so, then grill. This chicken is great with grilled bell peppers and chili hollandaise, but totally fine on its own, as well.

No comments: