Happy New Year, everyone!
Here are some resolutions for you for the new year. Make them because I told you to.
1. I will not serve frozen chicken nuggets without prior approval from June.
2. I will try at least one new recipe a week.
3. I will not attempt to bake anything in my microwave, because it is stupid. And also because it heats unevenly, denatures proteins, and turns baked goods into sponges.
4. I will serve dinner made from simple, fresh foods at least three times a week.
5. I will listen to all cooking advice June dispenses and not argue with her, because I wouldn't want to risk pissing her off. Or being uninvited to any of her dinner parties.
My family is going to a New Year's Eve party tonight like many of you are as well. I made this simple salmon spread earlier today. It will be fabulous by tonight and everyone will think I am a genius. Really, I'm not. I just know how to search out good recipes. Happy New Year!